Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Disclaimer - please read before participating  (Read 1834 times)
Trailrider
Administrator
Town Crier

Die Bergie...

« on: November 29, 2007, 12:36:51 AM »

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented, racially discriminative or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By Registering on this forum you agree to be bound by these conditions.

I Agree to these terms and am over or exactly 16 years of age
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:13:35 PM by Trailrider » Logged

Remember what Bilbo used to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.
Eisbein
Forum Moegoe
Forum Furniture

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 10:03:32 AM »

Hi all!

I'm not going to be involved that much on this forum, but I'll stick my head in every now and then to say hi.

My involvement is going to be more behind the scenes with some of the technicalities (and to try and help with the admin stuff that Trailrider can't figure out!)

This forum was created for Trailrider to have a personal forum space to invite a couple of friends over, have a virtual drink with together and just to hang  out without having hangups. The last bit of the previous sentence should be taken out and shot.

Really...

Anyway - in that spirit this forum is probably going to be largely self moderated. The last thing we need is some draconian moderation style that stifles the humor and easygoing spirit. We are all adults and we all enjoy each other's company (if you didn't you probably  would not have come here Tongue )

I do have a couple of requests and suggestions from my side though. Please bare with me on this.

- If you have a large amount of photos to post, please consider using an offsite hosting service (like photobucket) and posting it with image tags. Bandwidth and storage is not a problem at the moment, but in case the forum grows huge (and lets hope it does!) it might become one. Better then to be in the habit to do it that way than to have to change what you are used to. I will however not frown upon it if you attach the photos directly to the post. To be honest I would rather have you attach your photo directly than not being able to see it at all if you don't know any other way to do it.
If the attachment sizes and bandwidth becomes a problem we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

- This site is registered on my name and I am responsible for what is being displayed and posted on it. So please bare that in mind when posting. No links to 'illegal' or shady stuff...

-Trailrider's disclaimer says you are at least 13. If the humour goes beyond that we can always create a subforum for it with access only to above 18's. That is no problem at all. I just don't want to get into trouble with the mother of some child that got his fragile little mind warped because the forum says that it is child friendly and then some of the public posts don't reflect that.
Like I said - the adult themed humour isn't a problem, but then we must have dedicated space for it. it is easy to set up, but lets see if there is a need for it.

Apart from the above mentioned - please enjoy it here.
Sit back and banter all you like. Like I said - we come into this as adults and with mutual respect, so you will find the moderation (if any) used in, well, moderation !

A mind full of questions and a Teacher in my soul.
And so it goes.
                                                          ----Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: