Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wiki of places & things.  (Read 23007 times)
Eisbein
Forum Moegoe
Forum Furniture

« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2008, 08:46:14 AM »

Soooo Eisbein - what do you do in the middle of the night? Smile

Thanks for the great post under Wiki. Evil Seems easy enough.

A couple of questions:

I'm used to posting ride reports. What should the posts on the Wiki look like? Facts only I know, but is there a certain way or template? Maybe you or Tok Tokkie can post a topic and set the standard?

Under routes - Would that be something like the road through Baviaans Kloof or rather Wine Routes / Hops routes / Route 62?

How about places to eat? Lets say I wanted to include a good restaurant in a certain town. At first I thought we should have a different section, but somehow I feel that info should be with the info of that town. Can a topic (like a town) have sub sections about it's restaurants, wildlife, interesting / historic places etc?

Thanks for everything so far. It is going to be an invaluable source.

Yo!

We can always subcategorize things - under routes, if someone feel the need for a wine route, we can make a new subpage under 'Routes' for '4x4', 'Dual Sport Biking', 'Leisure' etc. So we can end up having posts about places like Gysmanshoek, Route 62, Stellenbosch wine route etc. I think only using it and seeing what ends up there will determine where its going to go to.
I suspect we'll have more interesting routes in the DS frame of mind though.
Same thing with places to eat and such.

If we end up needing another subheading then we add one.

Easy...

Its about the information and getting it structured.

Re the format, I think factual would be cool. Maybe start off (if its a route) with a smallish map (and maybe GPS co-ords if someone have it).
A very concise description of the type of road, the type of ride, the skill level needed (always subjective) - how long distance before fuel stops, pricing of accommodation etc.

It will be useful if at 1st glance you can look at the top of the page and see all the info regarding the type of ride and the requirements and what you let yourself in for.
If you want to elaborate a little regarding the experience with a photo or two that is very cool, but I think keeping it factual will probably be best.
We can look at a couple of posts and then decide on a type of format.

A mind full of questions and a Teacher in my soul.
And so it goes.
                                                          ----Eddie Vedder
Eisbein
Forum Moegoe
Forum Furniture

« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2008, 12:06:49 PM »

This is the new Wiki development chat board:

Changes / suggestions and questions can be posted here: http://trailrider.route42.co.za/index.php?board=14.0

The 1st quick 'How to' post is here:
http://trailrider.route42.co.za/index.php?topic=276.0

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 12:09:26 PM by Eisbein » Logged

A mind full of questions and a Teacher in my soul.
And so it goes.
                                                          ----Eddie Vedder
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: