Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cape Town Bike festival 16- 18 December 2011  (Read 4216 times)
Rustyb
Town Crier

« on: November 14, 2011, 09:59:09 PM »

See here for more info: http://www.capetownbikefestival.com

Some of what is happening on the 17th.
•Masters of Dirt controlling your emotions and reactions with gravity-defying freestyle stunts causing you to clench your chair and hopefully not someone’s hair

•The ultimate South African Supercross event made possible by transforming Cape Town Stadium into an extreme dirt track ready to be ripped up

•Haddaway performing his global hit, “What is Love”, new single, “You gave me love” and other hits

•Miss Biker SA finalist: not your typical World Peace, you’re-answering-it -wrong beauty pageant. This is a show of SA’s independent, free-spirited, opinionated, possessing natural magnetism and maybe even a little attitude women

•Tattoo artists will perform their magic by entertaining your eyes with their skills or if you dare, share your skin as a canvas

•SA’s Legendary Super Motard Champion –Brian Capper – performing stunts that will leave your nails in a state.

•AMD World Championship of Custom Bike Builders, judged by Russell Mitchell from Discovery Channel’s “Biker Build-Off”. Our local winner will go to the USA to compete against the rest of the world’s best in the 72nd Annual Sturgis Rally in South Dakota, USA

•Accessorise your machine and rev up your wardrobe with merchandise and product displays that you will not find at local bike stores

*Daytime events include Junior MX and Scooter Races on the custom-build racetrack

•Last, not least and certainly not forgotten: a beer garden with microbreweries as well as food markets
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 10:02:19 PM by Rustyb » Logged

If you sow honesty, you will reap trust
Trailrider
Administrator
Town Crier

Die Bergie...

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 05:32:04 AM »

I'm definitely going to have a look. They want to make this thing HUGE but I hear they are struggling.

“Remember what Bilbo used to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
Rustyb
Town Crier

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 10:20:29 AM »

R 500.00 a ticket is hugely expensive.
Luckily I got two on special for R 120.00 for a full day ticket.

If you sow honesty, you will reap trust
Trailrider
Administrator
Town Crier

Die Bergie...

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 11:26:47 AM »

Apparently they are on their 5th promotions company and only 10% of the stalls are taken up?

“Remember what Bilbo used to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
buzzlightyear
Administrator
Village Elder

I come in pieces

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 12:15:51 PM »

Ja well at R500 a ticket, the guys are maybe not expecting many visitors so they don't want to pay for a stall?

A desk is a dangerous place from which to watch the world. - John LeCarré
Trailrider
Administrator
Town Crier

Die Bergie...

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 07:29:33 PM »

I got a mail from them out of the blue today. They gave me full media accreditation so I'll definitely be there. Big Grin

Trailrider
Administrator
Town Crier

Die Bergie...

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 09:35:31 PM »

CTBF is gekanseleer! Een week voor die event! Iemand het miljoene der miljoene verloor.

Trailrider
Administrator
Town Crier

Die Bergie...

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 09:38:01 PM »

Die pers verklaring kom more.

Zille en Patricia gaan nou seker se dis WP se skuld. Roll Eyes Die stadion staan weereens leeg. Hulle wou mos nie hoor toe almal gesê het moenie 'n sokker stadion ongeskik vir ander dinge bou nie.

tok-tokkie

Insects: busy little blighters.

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 09:47:43 AM »

It is interesting that they cancel so late.  It is before they build all the jumping ramps which will obviously be expensive & they have to be taken out afterwards.  They save much of that expense.  But they have spent plenty & it is better to cancel which means zero income than to continue which would give them some income.  Obviously they are going to lose less by stopping now so they were going to make an even bigger loss if they had done it.  Their business plan must have been WAY optimistic.

I wonder who wrote the contracts - some bike festival company which now has no assets so the contracts are worthless & the guys who started it are safely not personally linked to the contracts. Will ticket holders get full refunds?  Wonder what the contract with the stadium was like - is there a cancellation clause & what is it?

I doubt that Patricia will aportion blame.  She was the ID when the stadium was debated & imposed on Cape Town so has no established position she has to defend.
buzzlightyear
Administrator
Village Elder

I come in pieces

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 10:27:40 AM »

I think anything over R200 per ticket was VERY optimistic

A desk is a dangerous place from which to watch the world. - John LeCarré
Operator
Town Crier

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 10:31:28 AM »

I think anything over R200 per ticket was VERY optimistic

Stem saam..................ek het nogal van die begin af gedink die storie gaan nie werk
met so 'n toegangsfooi nie.

Ek sê altyd...........ek is nie suinig nie, maar so mors ek nie geld nie.

tok-tokkie

Insects: busy little blighters.

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 04:41:33 PM »

I read that everyone who bought tickets will get a full refund.
Trailrider
Administrator
Town Crier

Die Bergie...

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 04:46:29 PM »

R 500.00 a ticket is hugely expensive.
Luckily I got two on special for R 120.00 for a full day ticket.

Rusty if you get a full refund you might be the only one who makes a profit from this thing! Smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: