Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gauteng comes to George  (Read 27584 times)
Sweeper

« on: October 06, 2008, 08:12:37 AM »

I thought I needed to warn everyone who is a complacent as me about the dangers of our times.

My son (Wingman) was hijacked on Saturday night.

He stopped at a red robot in a rather remote area and suddenly had 3 guys (one with a gun) confront him.  The one behind him ordered him off his bike and they then took his backpack, shoes and jersey, along with his bike, helmet, goggles and gloves.  The 3 three of them got on the bike and casually rode away into town.

Who would have thought this could happen in George.

I won't go into all the emotions, but it took him more than an hour to walk home in the cold in his socks.

Guys, be careful.  These maniacs are everywhere.
Trailrider
Administrator
Town Crier

Die Bergie...

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 08:27:21 AM »

Oh no! Ek hoop hy is alright. Waar het dit gebeur? Ek neem aan die bike is weg?

Remember what Bilbo used to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.
Operator
Town Crier

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 08:30:12 AM »

I thought I needed to warn everyone who is a complacent as me about the dangers of our times.

My son (Wingman) was hijacked on Saturday night.

He stopped at a red robot in a rather remote area and suddenly had 3 guys (one with a gun) confront him.  The one behind him ordered him off his bike and they then took his backpack, shoes and jersey, along with his bike, helmet, goggles and gloves.  The 3 three of them got on the bike and casually rode away into town.

Who would have thought this could happen in George.

I won't go into all the emotions, but it took him more than an hour to walk home in the cold in his socks.

Guys, be careful.  These maniacs are everywhere.

Baie sad Sweeper.  Undecided

'n Sad dag vir julle en vir George in geheel.

Ek weet dis al so 'n ou boring gesegde, maar : " Wees net bly hy leef"

Die motorfiets is net 'n stuk metaal........mens kan dit nie vergelyk met 'n menselewe nie.

JZ

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 08:46:58 AM »

Dis erg. Nog iets om voor uit te kyk as jy bike ry. Ek begin dink dit was nie so 'n slim ding om vir my seun 'n bike te koop nie. Nou is daar meer om oor te bekomer   

Life is not about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself.
Operator
Town Crier

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 08:53:10 AM »

Dis erg. Nog iets om voor uit te kyk as jy bike ry. Ek begin dink dit was nie so 'n slim ding om vir my seun 'n bike te koop nie. Nou is daar meer om oor te bekomer   

Nee, dis net waar jy die fout maak. Gaan aan met jou lewe, moenie in 'n dop kruip nie.

Motorfiets hi-jacks is darem baie ongewoon en dit kan werklik as ongewoon gesien word.

JC

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 08:57:59 AM »

Baie sleg as sulke dinge op George begin gebeur. Angry
Rustyb
Town Crier

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 09:07:58 AM »

One of our suppliers was robbed at gun point at the Shell Ultracity near Worcester. While his vehicle was being filled he went into the shop to buy cigarettes. As he got back into his car, he was joined by an unknown male. This happened on the forecourt in broad daylight. They robbed him and the vehicle next to him simultaneously. 

Through a stroke of luck, they managed to arrest one of the suspects the following day. Our supplier had a roll of sweets which are not available is RSA. He made a fuss about them getting stolen. The following day, the police officer was at an eatery in Mountain Mill. He was watching a couple at a nearby table. This man took out a a roll of mints similar to the ones stolen. When questioned as to where he had got the sweets, he tried to run and was arrested.   
The other two suspects are still at large.

If you sow honesty, you will reap trust
Natuurkind
Town Crier

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 10:59:15 AM »

Dis baie bad! sad

Life is short! Break the rules!
Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly!
Love truly, laugh uncontrollably
And never regret anything
That made you smile!
Sweeper

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 11:19:10 AM »

Oh no! Ek hoop hy is alright. Waar het dit gebeur? Ek neem aan die bike is weg?
Ja, die bike is weg.  Hy is so okay soos 'n ou sou verwag.  Hy is mos nie 'n prater nie.  Hy krop alles mos op.
Ek het toe maar vir hom my bike gegee, so hy ry nog rond.
Eisbein
Forum Moegoe
Forum Furniture

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 11:32:45 AM »

Sad Sad

Dis net sickening.

Bliksems!

And to think they could have hurt YOUR son.

That sucks!

But yeah - I'm just glad they touched his stuff and not him...

A mind full of questions and a Teacher in my soul.
And so it goes.
                                                          ----Eddie Vedder
Sweeper

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 11:36:49 AM »

Thanks to everyone for your sympathies.

Some comments that we are:  Thank God he is alive.  (WE DO!!!)  He is the nicest 17 year old you will ever meet.  My heart is breaking for him.  He has lived a very sheltered life and is not used to this kind of thing.  (He walked home, past the police station without thinking to go in there.)  He is not a drinker or a smoker or a user of drugs.  He is computer mad and bike mad.  Lately he has taken to learning the guitar.  He has such a forgiving nature and is so "rustig".

It is sad that his perception of SAPS is such that this was not his first thought.  First thought was to get home to mom and dad.

Police were pretty good.  Immediately one van went out looking for the bike in the likeliest areas.  They took a statement and although rattled, I helped him get throught the questioning.  The whole experience was marred by one inspector who decided he was going to interrogate Clint.  He came from the angle that Clint was lying.  I did not appreciate that too much.  I understand that they need to have the facts straight, but a bit of compassion would not have been amiss.  His first question was this:  "Why did you not phone 10111?"   .....  Duh  What part of they stole my backpack with my phone and everything, including my shoes and top, did you not get the first time?

Anyway.  They have a job to do and we all appreciate the sacrifices they make under difficult circumstances.

I think I am having a worse time of this than he is.  I can't believe that I could not spare my son from this.  I keep wishing they would try to hijack me on a bike.  They would be in for a rather nasty shock.  My wife is livid.  Clint is the apple of her eye.  She wants to kill all that live and breath.

Well, I could write a 3 page thread on my own about this event, but mostly, I just wanted to say thanks for the comments.
Eisbein
Forum Moegoe
Forum Furniture

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 12:22:28 PM »

I keep wishing they would try to hijack me on a bike.  

You would not be a father if you didn't feel this way...

And so it goes.
                                                          ----Eddie Vedder
Rustyb
Town Crier

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 01:38:50 PM »

Sweeper, first rule in a hijacking, give them what they want. Do not resist. Everything else is replaceable, except ones life. Fighting them could cost you your life. That is not a risk I want to take.

Fourie
Town Crier

Die Aapmens ......

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 03:08:12 PM »

Jammer om te hoor van die voorval. Net dankbaar hy is ongedeerd.

but a bit of compassion would not have been amiss.  His first question was this:  "Why did you not phone 10111?"   .....  Duh  What part of they stole my backpack with my phone and everything, including my shoes and top, did you not get the first time?
Anyway.  They have a job to do and we all appreciate the sacrifices they make under difficult circumstances.

bit of compassion would not have been amiss
Simpatie en meegevoel met jou medemens is woorde wat die nuwe SAPD se nuwer lede nie ken of verstaan nie. Hulle geniet en misbruuik ook soms die mags gevoel oor ander mense. Dit is sad as jou kind nie genoeg vertroue (bang) in die polisie het nie. Maar dan, miskien is dit goed so. Die polisie geniet glad nie meer die publiek se vertroue nie. My kinders sal ook nie sommer met enige polisieman praat nie - en ek werk vir die SAPD.

"Why did you not phone 10111?"
Soms luister die faarken polisieman glad nie eers nie.

Ek is bly ek is nie 'n Stormer ondersteuner nie
Sweeper

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 04:22:23 PM »

Jammer om te hoor van die voorval. Net dankbaar hy is ongedeerd.

but a bit of compassion would not have been amiss.  His first question was this:  "Why did you not phone 10111?"   .....  Duh  What part of they stole my backpack with my phone and everything, including my shoes and top, did you not get the first time?

bit of compassion would not have been amiss
Simpatie en meegevoel met jou medemens is woorde wat die nuwe SAPD se nuwer lede nie ken of verstaan nie. Hulle geniet en misbruuik ook soms die mags gevoel oor ander mense. Dit is sad as jou kind nie genoeg vertroue (bang) in die polisie het nie. Maar dan, miskien is dit goed so. Die polisie geniet glad nie meer die publiek se vertroue nie. My kinders sal ook nie sommer met enige polisieman praat nie - en ek werk vir die SAPD.

"Why did you not phone 10111?"
Dankie Fourie

Ek het nou lekker gelag.  ?"[/color]
Dis net so.

Daar is darem 'n nuwe ontwikkeling.

Die bike is deur Clint se pel agter die McDonald gekry.

Maar hoor nou watse gentleman hijacker is die - Hy het die helmet op die bike vasgemaak.

WTF.

Rustyb
Town Crier

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 04:35:09 PM »

Enige skade ?

Eisbein
Forum Moegoe
Forum Furniture

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 04:47:02 PM »

Lyk my die manne wou sy selfoon en skoene steel en kom toe agter hulle het nie 'n 'getaway car' nie...

And so it goes.
                                                          ----Eddie Vedder
Fourie
Town Crier

Die Aapmens ......

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 06:41:51 PM »

Maar hoor nou watse gentleman hijacker is die - Hy het die helmet op die bike vasgemaak.

WTF.

Agtergekom die helmet pas nie....dom &^%$#@

Ek is bly ek is nie 'n Stormer ondersteuner nie
CK1
Village Elder

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 07:45:27 PM »

Dit gebeur soms dat die simpel  Censored net 'n ry ding gesoek het huis toe of so dat vat hulle die eerste beste wat verby kom

Our death is not an end if we can live on in our children and the younger generation. For they are us, our bodies are only wilted leaves on the tree of life. Albert Einstein
Sweeper

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 11:20:55 AM »

Enige skade ?
Bike is nog in perfekte toestand.  Dis nou net 'n moerse schlep om hom weer padwaardig te kry, aangesien hy nou as gesteel aangemeld is.  Wat 'n flipping pot kark.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: