Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Idees vir ons foto kompetisie  (Read 10886 times)
Rustyb
Town Crier

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 09:43:59 AM »

It depends how long the " Free Range " lasts.

Thanks TR.

If you sow honesty, you will reap trust
Eisbein
Forum Moegoe
Forum Furniture

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 09:47:32 AM »

What is the prize ? Free range on the forum for a month ? Being voted top photo for the month is credit enough.

Still haven't thought about the details, but we can make a section called 'Hall of fame' or sumptin' - we can post the photos and details there. Maybe in the details it can be usefel info as well like where the photo was taken, what camera and what settings / editing / touching up was used. This will be a 'no discussion' board where people will be able to see the winning photo's and there details all at once without discussing it.

Maybe we can also create a section where members can post photos that they like and why they like them.

Example - Pmdb might post something about the Weskus nature reserve in the trip reports. Now there's a photo or two I like, but I don't want to necessarily hijack the  trip/holiday report with details about the technicalities of the photo, so I repost the photo in this board, say why I like it and possibly ask questions about it. Pmdb can then obviously comment about the settings and tricks (if any).

So instead of posting photos and putting them up for critique (where there are lots of sites on the Internet already doing it) we can do it this way to a) acknowledge the appreciation for a well taken/very good photo and b) learn from the photographer and maybe pick up a tip or two.

This is obviously a 'spur of the moment thought out' idea, so please say what you guys think about it.

A mind full of questions and a Teacher in my soul.
And so it goes.
                                                          ----Eddie Vedder
Eisbein
Forum Moegoe
Forum Furniture

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 09:51:31 AM »

I'm also wondering about the 'one photo per person per month' thing...
Seeing that we don't have that many people (yet!) - we could maybe make it two or three ?

Dunno about this - I'm just thinking out loud...

And so it goes.
                                                          ----Eddie Vedder
Trailrider
Administrator
Town Crier

Die Bergie...

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008, 10:20:43 AM »

Yes, I like the idea of a photo discussion thread.

2 pics per person for now might also not be a bad idea. What do the others think? Or should we keep it one best one?

“Remember what Bilbo used to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
Operator
Town Crier

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2008, 10:26:51 AM »

Yes, I like the idea of a photo discussion thread.

2 pics per person for now might also not be a bad idea. What do the others think? Or should we keep it one best one?

For the time being.....till more people arrive, I say go for 2 or 3 pictures per person.

Rustyb
Town Crier

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 10:28:46 AM »

My opinion is, keep it to one photo. If there is not enough interest this time around then change the rules for the next contest.

Trailrider
Administrator
Town Crier

Die Bergie...

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2008, 11:17:40 AM »

I'm also leaning towards one. What do the others think?

“Remember what Bilbo used to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
Eisbein
Forum Moegoe
Forum Furniture

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 11:23:24 AM »

Then for now we keep it one. Like Rusty said - lets see if it needs changing 1st.

Wat van die 'fotos wat ander van hou' thread ? Opinies daaroor ?

And so it goes.
                                                          ----Eddie Vedder
Rustyb
Town Crier

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2008, 11:34:09 AM »

Eisbein, I think that is a great idea. It's better that it came from you guys, before some smart @ss thinks we are copying the other forums. This way around, the thread is not so heavy.
I think that the members who edit the quality of their pictures should say so on the competition thread.
The only change I made was resizing it to 800x600. Next time I will change it to 640x480 or can I modify my pictures as well. The smaller size makes it more easily viewable.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 11:38:00 AM by Rustyb » Logged

Eisbein
Forum Moegoe
Forum Furniture

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2008, 11:39:53 AM »

I think in this day and age touching up is as much part of the process as framing the photo and getting the settings right.
A brief listing of what was done could be posted as well.

I think obvious photo 'chops' might be an issue, but setting/correcting the color and contrast and saturation is part of how photos get delivered nowadays. in the old days you had guys doing exactly that in their own dark rooms with exposure times and color mixtures...

Re the discussion, I'm not saying its going to happen here, but I've seen lots of times how someone posts his own photo for comment and then people start to pull it apart and being unnecessarily harsh, while everyone end up getting upset/uneasy about how its been done.

At least in the way I suggested you start off in admiration (just the fact that I think a photo should be posted in the thread means that I think its a good photo and that should be a compliment in itself). If the discussion then goes in the direction of 'how could if have been done better' then so be it, but at least the focus should be different.

That's my take on it in anycase.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 11:43:04 AM by Eisbein » Logged

And so it goes.
                                                          ----Eddie Vedder
Trailrider
Administrator
Town Crier

Die Bergie...

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2008, 11:55:40 AM »

Ek hou van die idee. Tog dink ek die Vakansie foto board moet vakansie fotos bly soos dit nou is. Ons kan 'n addisionele "child board" maak vir Foto besprekings? Hierdie sticky kan dan sommer ook daar kom.

Eisbein
Forum Moegoe
Forum Furniture

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2008, 11:56:50 AM »

Ek hou van die idee. Tog dink ek die Vakansie foto board moet vakansie fotos bly soos dit nou is. Ons kan 'n addisionele "child board" maak vir Foto besprekings?

Yip - dis die idee.

Ek wil net 'n plek daarstel waarnatoe ons kan gaan as ons 'n foto vna 'n vakansie report wil bespreek sonder om die hele trip te hijack.

And so it goes.
                                                          ----Eddie Vedder
Eisbein
Forum Moegoe
Forum Furniture

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2008, 12:02:12 PM »

Having said that - dis net 'n idee. Kan dalk heeltemal onnodig wees.

And so it goes.
                                                          ----Eddie Vedder
Trailrider
Administrator
Town Crier

Die Bergie...

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2008, 12:03:43 PM »

Nee, ek hou daarvan. Dit hou die "clutter" uit die kompitisies en Trip Reports uit. Smile

Eisbein
Forum Moegoe
Forum Furniture

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2008, 12:04:21 PM »

Nee, ek hou daarvan. Dit hou die "clutter" uit die kompitisies en vakansie foto's uit. Smile

Dis my denkrigting ook.

And so it goes.
                                                          ----Eddie Vedder
Trailrider
Administrator
Town Crier

Die Bergie...

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2008, 12:21:20 PM »

Done!  Smile

Rustyb
Town Crier

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2008, 12:59:27 PM »

I changed the size to make it more easily viewable. Other than that, the photo is unchanged.
I also added the details, ISO etc.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 02:22:53 PM by Rustyb » Logged

Trailrider
Administrator
Town Crier

Die Bergie...

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2008, 09:51:14 PM »

Sal almal asb seker maak dat hulle vir al die maande se fotos gestem het. As ons in elke maand 'n duidelike wenner het sal ons 'n vir 'n foto van die jaar stem Cool

Rustyb
Town Crier

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2009, 06:37:02 PM »

I just have one gripe. The photo placed is supposed to be taken by the person placing it and has to have been taken in that month. For that reason, I don't always place a photo.

Pmdb
Town Crier

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2009, 06:48:59 PM »

I just have one gripe. The photo placed is supposed to be taken by the person placing it and has to have been taken in that month. For that reason, I don't always place a photo.

Ek stem heelhartig saam met RustyB. Daar is baie maande wat ek niks ingestuur het nie om die eenvoudige rede ek het nie daardie maand 'n foto geneem nie. Eers toe ek agterkom die ouens plaas ouer fotos het ek van my ou fotos afgestof. Ek voel die foto moet in daardie maand geneem word en deur die ou wat dit pos.

Wat van 'n tema elke maand ? Blomme, troeteldiere, natuur, voertuie, mense, wit en swart ens

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I am not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: